You can if you think you can





“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I can’t do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end up really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”

~ Mahatma Gandhi 


What I believe for myself is true for me. It doesn’t matter if it is positive or negative. What my belief is, so my persona is. Here is a wonderful poem about self-belief. It says that success lies in the quality of a will and the state of mind. If I think repeatedly that I am a loser; surely I will lose. If I think I am a winner; surely I will win. 


If I want to rise in life, I must elevate my attitude. I must make sure of myself to win a prize. If I have weak beliefs; the result will be feeble. If I have strong beliefs; the result will be powerful. It is not true that stronger and faster always wins. Sooner or later he wins who thinks: He can. 


The victorious fortitude is; Yes, I can. This idea, when becomes a belief, creates milestones. So let us affirm and deepen in the mind: I can do it. When difficulty twists, when calamity storms, when misfortune troubles, proclaim to the self: Yes, I can. In pain and pine, it dims disdain, erases despair, awakens esteem, and arises self-worth. 


It’s a spirited poem. Here it is : 


If you think you are beaten, you are

If you think you dare not, you don't,

If you like to win, but you think you can't

It is almost certain you won't.


If you think you'll lose, you're lost

For out of the world we find,

Success begins with a fellow's will

It's all in the state of mind.


If you think you are outclassed, you are

You've got to think high to rise,

You've got to be sure of yourself before

You can ever win a prize.


Life's battles don't always go

To the stronger or faster man,

But soon or late the man who wins

Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!  


~ Walter D. Wintle


******


“If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.”

~ Henry Ford


“All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that, do not believe that you are weak. Stand up and express the divinity within you.” 

~ Swami Vivekananda 


“Infinite power is in the soul of man, whether he knows it or not. Its manifestation is only a question of being conscious of it. With the full consciousness of his infinite power and wisdom, that giant will rise to his feet.”

~ Swami Vivekananda 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out in the fields with God

Turn fortune, turn thy wheel

Life