Footprints



Gratitude is a divine attitude. Being grateful out of love is the springtime. When we fill our minds and heart with it, we feel blessed. Positivity is being flourished. The important thing is that we may feel blessed in good times, but when we feel blessed in difficult times, it reflects a real positive attitude.  


Here is a small inspiring poem about God’s love. We may feel harder to move on in times of difficulties. In the hour of grief and pain, we may be shaken and complain. Here is a man who dreamed and saw himself walking at the seashore. 


He complained to God, “In my good times, there were two sets of footprints, but in the struggle when I needed most, you left. There was only one set of a footprint.” 


God replied wonderfully with love, “My precious child! That one set of a footprint is not yours, it’s mine. I carried you in your upsetting times.” 


We may feel niggled in distressing moments. But God is always with us. We are the children of God. And how a mother can leave his child in a mess! In chaos when we realize the divine love of God, our heart gets filled with gratitude.  


It’s about understanding God’s love and being grateful to him for his care: 


One night I dreamed a dream.

As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.

Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.

For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,

One belonging to me and one to my Lord.


After the last scene of my life flashed before me,

I looked back at the footprints in the sand.

I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,

especially at the very lowest and saddest times,

there was only one set of footprints.


This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,

You'd walk with me all the way.

But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,

there was only one set of footprints.


I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you

Never, ever, during your trials and testings.

When you saw only one set of footprints,

It was then that I carried you."

~ Mary Stevenson


**********


We are anesthetized. We are deaf and dumb. We are so engrossed in grumbling. May God give us that sensible intellect to realize it. May we understand God’s divine love and develop gratitude within. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out in the fields with God

Turn fortune, turn thy wheel

Life