Life of my life


Tagore is one the best spiritual poets of the contemporary century. For me, he is all time inspiration. Whenever I read his poems, I feel divinely delightful. He has heavenly mirth in his poems. His poems are devoted to God. That is the inner bliss runs beneath.

Here in this one, he feels the presence of God with him. We may believe that God is in the temple, but the foremost wisdom is: God is with me, within me.

So he keeps his body, mind and spirit pure. He keeps all untruths and evils away from him by knowing that God is in the inmost shrine of his heart. He reveals God’s divine touch in his endeavour because God gives him the strength to act.

Here it is:                  

Life of my life,
I shall ever try to keep my body pure,
knowing that thy living touch is upon all my limbs.

I shall ever try to keep all untruths out from my thoughts,
knowing that thou art that truth which has kindled the light of reason in my mind.

I shall ever try to drive all evils away from my heart and keep my love in flower,
knowing that thou hast thy seat in the inmost shrine of my heart.

And it shall be my endeavour to reveal thee in my actions,
knowing it is thy power gives me strength to act.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

**********

When we try to live with this understanding, we can also feel divine. When we get convinced that God is with me, we will be aware to think and act well. If the Almighty resides within me, why to feel inferior or miserly. Whenever we try to do evil things, conscience will bite us. That will prevent us to do wrong and inspires us to walk on the path of righteous.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out in the fields with God

Turn fortune, turn thy wheel

Life