God, make me brave for life



“Brave” thy name is faithful. Fearlessness is a core quality for development. One who is fearful hinders growth. At each and every step he feels stuck. He lists out only threats of the situation. And by counting negatives, he gets outclassed. So being valiant on the life-front is essential for progress.

The unique way to be valorous is to be faithful. Unfaltering source of faith is the concept of Indwelling God in Indian Vedic Culture. Fallacious and blind beliefs are always misleading. Deceptive understanding makes us baseless. Truthful understanding makes us aware.  

God is with me, within me. He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. He is just and righteous. He is loving and takes care of me. Joy and woe whatever he gifts with is a divine love letter. Joy is to energize and woe is to strengthen.

No doubt in this understanding cultivates faith. And as a result, I become gallant. So it’s in my hand to be heroic. Being lionhearted is a result of faith in self and faith in God. In a true sense, divine faith is a precious wealth of life.

A few affirmations to give self to develop such understanding:

God exists surely.
God is with me, within me.
God is mine.
God knows all.
God is always true and just.  
God is loving and caring.
God is always ahead of me.  

A courageous poem to inspire self. It’s a wonderful prayer to God. With God’s grace, I can become manly:

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.
God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.
As the blown grass lifts, let me rise
From sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing Thy way is wise.
God, make me brave, life brings
Such blinding things.
Help me to keep my sight;
Help me to see aright
That out of dark comes light.

~ Author Unknown




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out in the fields with God

Turn fortune, turn thy wheel

Life