Song of the flower





A flower is a beautiful expression of nature. If we want to see the fascinating creation of God, we can see flowers and have fragrance. In true sense, it’s the smile of God. How enticing it is! Earth is truly heaven due to alluring beauty of nature. We feel delightful and divine in midst of it. If you haven’t tried yet, try it out!

Here is a pleasing poem about the flower. A flower is a part and parcel of each and every event of life. Isn’t it? When we are gay, we give flowers as a symbol of happiness. When we are sad, we give flowers as a symbol of sympathy. From birth to death the flowers have active participation in our lives.

But one distinct lesson we can learn from the flowers is: they always look up high at the light, and never look down at the shadow. We all are human beings. Joy and woe are as natural to come. We may also pass through troublesome time as well. In such situations what we can do is: without losing a heart, we can look to the positive side rather than a negative.

The grand lesson from a flower is: Always look to the bright side in life, though we have negative. We can’t avoid negative. It’s certain to be. But when we deal with a positive attitude, it doesn’t disturb us. So dwell in the positive mental home.

When we have a rose. It has thorns, but the beauty lies in its curly buds and in its unique aroma. We have a choice. We can either complain and get disturbed about having thorns or we can enjoy the beauty of a rose that God has gifted. An easy way to go on is to accept all as the divine gift of God. So heed this unique teaching of nature.

Here is a poem :         

I am a kind word uttered and repeated
By the voice of Nature;
I am a star fallen from the
Blue tent upon the green carpet.
I am the daughter of the elements
With whom Winter conceived;
To whom Spring gave birth; I was
Reared in the lap of Summer and I
Slept in the bed of Autumn.

At dawn I unite with the breeze
To announce the coming of light;
At eventide I join the birds
In bidding the light farewell.

The plains are decorated with
My beautiful colors, and the air
Is scented with my fragrance.

As I embrace Slumber the eyes of
Night watch over me, and as I
Awaken I stare at the sun, which is
The only eye of the day.

I drink dew for wine, and hearken to
The voices of the birds, and dance
To the rhythmic swaying of the grass.

I am the lover's gift; I am the wedding wreath;
I am the memory of a moment of happiness;
I am the last gift of the living to the dead;
I am a part of joy and a part of sorrow.

But I look up high to see only the light,
And never look down to see my shadow.
This is wisdom which man must learn.

~ Khalil Gibran

**********

Joy and woe are woven fine,
A clothing for the soul divine,
Under every grief and pine,
Runs a joy with silken twine.

It is right it should be so,
We were made for joy and woe,
And when this we rightly know,
Through the world we safely go.

~ by William Blake

**********

We are human beings. Joy and woe are but natural to come. Let’s welcome them with a broad mind and a large heart. Don’t get annoyed due to sorrows and sufferings. But learn and get developed form them. Face them without losing a heart. Accept everything as blessings of God. And at last, keep always smiling like a flower.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out in the fields with God

Turn fortune, turn thy wheel

Life