Be filled with thankful love


Once two men met with an accident. With blessing of almighty they were saved but both lost one of the eyes. Situation was traumatic and painful. Relatives were coming to meet both of them for consolation. And behaviour of both the men was noticeable.

One of them was crying a lot. He was full of distress due to his loss. He complained a lot for his grief. He was cursing God for his desolation. He tormented his mind with misery. He was full of sorrow and sadness.

While one was very happy as his one eye was saved. He thanked a lot for his recovery. He was blessing God to be saved. He was smiling in such pain. He elated his mind with gratefulness. He was full of joy and mirth.

Same is the situation at both sides. But one is complaining and one is blessing. It’s a state of mind that makes a vital variance. What I think and feel is my inner main.

An immense truth to know is : I have freedom to choose my thinking. I am not a victim. I can direct my thoughts. It’s an ability of human mind to make a heaven in a hell and a hell in a heaven. Both is possible. What I choose to make, creates the difference.

Let me come up from the victim role. Let me rise above. Be aware of own thinking. And choose joy over grief, pleasure over pain and blessing over cursing. No sorrow can pinch until I choose to be.

Always say : I am happy. I am joyful. I am blessed. I am grateful. I am blissful. God is always with me. God loves me. God cares a lot for me. Sorrows and sufferings are gifts of God. God makes me strong by his divine love.  

When I utter it by heart, an autumn turns into a spring, an agony turns into a jubilee and a misery turns into a majesty. We can’t avoid a sorrow in life. But definitely we can feel happy in it. In this way I can be the master of self. I can rule over the circumstance.

Here is a wonderful little poem that shows the both mindsets. Here it goes :  

Some murmur when their sky is clear,
And wholly bright to view,
If one small speck of dark appear
In their great heaven of blue.

And some with thankful love are filled,
If but one streak of light,
One ray of God's good mercy, gild
The darkness of their night.

In palaces are hearts that ask,
In discontent and pride,
Why life is such a dreary task,
And all good things denied

And hearts in poorest huts admire
How love has in their aid
Love that not ever seems to tire
Such rich provision made.

~ Richard Chenevix Trench

Synopsis of the poem :

Some are habituated to sadness. They always feel agony however good happens. They always complain even if they have clear sky. If sun shines brightly in their life, they feel irritated instead of blessing. Even if they get a little pain in life, they torments a lot. They can never enjoy the blue heaven. They can’t perceive the good in life.

Some are habituated to happiness. They are always grateful whatever happens. In the grim and grief, they are jovial. Sorrow is inevitable, so they always feel jolly in pain. Even in the deep darkness of sufferings, if they a get a ray of God’s love, they gay and glee. They always keep smiling face and happy heart. They always exult in life.  

God may crown us the throne of opulence. But a lament is always mourning. They brood upon the discontent and pride. They grumble that why life is a melancholy. Life seems them a dreary and dead task. They can’t enjoy the gifted majesty. They grown and crawl mentally. They feel misery in such luxury.

God may accord us the throne of poverty. But an exultant is always smiling. They feel grateful and happy in such misery. Even pitiful poverty can’t shake their heart. They feel blessed in an agony. They behave with others with love and care. Even lavish luxury can’t nourish such hilarious heart filled with unending love.

**********

Life is woven with joy and woe. We have to go through them. But how to go through, we have to decide. We have freedom for that. When I choose to be happy, whatever happens, nothing can shake my heart.

Life may arrest us with gloom. Never feel heartache in it. Life is too short for sadness. Beautify life with great joy and delight. Let me end up with beautiful lines.

Joy and woe are woven fine,
A clothing for the soul divine,
Under every grief and pine,
Runs a joy with silken twine.

It is right it should be so,
We were made for joy and woe,
And when this we rightly know,
Through the world we safely go.

~ William Blake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out in the fields with God

Turn fortune, turn thy wheel

Life